The Healthy Hot Tub!
More and more people are being diagnosed with different illnesses. Hot tubs can actually help ease pain, reduce blood pressure and lower blood sugar.
Blood Pressure & Circulation:
Many of us suffer from high blood pressure. If your blood pressure is not controlled it can cause kidney failure, strokes, aneurysm, heart failure or even heart attacks. Jacuzzi® hot tubs can actually help lower blood pressure.
- The warm water and jets help bring you into a more relaxed state
- The heart works harder which leads to the improved circulation
- The massaging from the jets eases blood improving circulation
Arthritis & Chronic Pain:
Arthritis is defined as a painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints.
- The warm water and buoyancy creates a weightless environment which causes less stress on the body
- Water supports the joints and allows for free movement
- The combination from the warm water and massaging jets relieve muscle tension as the bunched and tense muscles become relaxed
Type 2 Diabetes:
Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or the body does not properly use the insulin it makes. Due to the inability to produce or use the insulin there is a build up of blood sugar. There was a study that took place that at the McKee Center in Colorado that looked at 8 Type 2 diabetes patients, 5 men and 3 women ages 43-68. These participants went in a hot tub 6 days a week for 30 minutes a day.
The results indicated that:
- Hot tubs can reduce blood sugar
- Help people with Type 2 Diabetes lose weight
- Help improve sleeping patterns