The Ultimate Party Checklist
During your first 100 days as a Jacuzzi® brand hot tub owner, use your next party as an opportunity show off your new investment AND impress friends and family with your hospitality as a host. You don’t want to throw one of those parties where everything seems to go wrong. You know, the one where it shows when the host hasn’t put in the necessary prep time with a lack of food, warm drinks, bad music or nothing to do. Hot tubs were built for entertaining, so follow this foolproof checklist for hosting the ultimate hot tub party.
GEAR FOR GUESTS
- EXTRA BATHING SUITS:Keep extra bathing suits, swim trunks or old t-shirts as backup for guests who forget their bathing gear at home. Even if some guests “forget” their bathing suits as an excuse to not get in the hot tub, once they see how much fun everyone’s having, they’ll want to jump in too.
- TOWELS:You can never have too many towels on hand, especially when you consider that guests will get in and out of the hot tub multiple times. Keep a rotation of dry towels going so that everyone stays comfortable. Your guests (as well as your floors and furniture) will thank you for it!
THINGS TO DO
- GAMES: Most of the action will be centered on your hot tub, so make sure your guests stay entertained with games that can get wet. Waterproof playing cards, floating game boards and checkers sets are always good bets, as are group games like charades.
- SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE: Although it’s a hot tub party, not everyone will be in the tub at the same time. Make sure all of your guests are comfortable and entertained (not just the ones in the tub) by providing ample seating around the tub and a variety of outdoor games.
- DRINKS: Stock up on a variety of ice cold drinks that will keep everyone refreshed. It’s a good idea to provide your guests with either cans or plastic cups to avoid any broken glass around the hot tub area. Make sure everyone stays hydrated and safe in a party atmosphere by keeping plenty of chilled water available.
- FOOD: Remember to keep food light, as most guests won't want to be walking around in their swimsuits with a belly full of food. When you factor in a raised body temperature from the hot tub, being too full can be a recipe for discomfort. To avoid soggy crumbs, stick to serving finger foods that are easy to eat like veggies and dip, cheese plates, chicken kabobs, egg rolls and popsicles, to name a few.
SET THE MOOD
- MUSIC: Every great party needs a great soundtrack. Crowd-pleasing music is a must, so try an oldies playlist to keep everyone happy. Many Jacuzzi® hot tub models come with built in iPod docking stations that make it easy to keep the music going without getting in and out of the tub.
- LIGHTING: It’s amazing how much ambiance some soft lighting can provide, so try adding candles, lanterns or twinkling lights to your hot tub area. Many Jacuzzi®hot tubs offer LED Chromatherapy options, enabling you to select color and brightness to create the perfect atmosphere for you and your guests.
Remember, if the host isn't having fun, the guests won't either. Making these necessary preparations beforehand will ultimately allow you to sit back, relax and have a blast from the moment the party starts.